HOW TO TRICK PEOPLE INTO THINKING YOU HAVE A VIDEO PRODUCTION TEAM
Thanks so much for attending my session on video creation at #FinCon17! I hope you left feeling confident and capable of creating high quality video on your own.
Below are links to the various equipment I use as well as other products I found helpful when creating my videos. I've also created a Cheat Sheet that you can download below in case you weren't able to jot everything down!
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive a fee or commission should you purchase them using my links. (You fellow FinCon-ers know how it goes haha.)
Canon Rebel T6i - great camera with autofocus (AF) and flip around touch screen
Diva Ring Super Nova - must have light for filming, in my opinion
Dolica Proline 60” Tripod with Ball Head - very sturdy tripod with level and quick detach camera mount
LimoStudio Umbrella Lights - best bang-for-your-buck day umbrella lights
128 GB SD card - the larger the SD card you get, the more you can film and batch at one time!
Seagate 4 TB portable hard drive - video files are large, you'll need extra storage to not bog down your computer
Audio-Technica ATR2100 - great podcast mic used by many people in the FinCon community
other products & services
Final Cut Pro - the editing software I use that takes my videos to the next level
Motion - additional, hugely versatile production software I used to create my write-on intro
macProVideo - the tutorials I used to teach myself how to use Final Cut Pro. You can access all tutorials via monthly or yearly subscription, but the following are the ones I think are most useful:
Get 20% off specific tutorials with these links!
- Final Cut Pro X 101 - Absolute Beginner's Guide - this covers all basics from importing, audio & color correction, and FX
- Final Cut Pro X 100 - Get Started Now!
- Final Cut Pro X 104 - Core Training: Audio Editing, EQ, and FX - deeper dive into audio editing and effects
- Final Cut Pro X 105 - Core Training: Compositing and Visual FX - deeper dive into effects and animation
- Final Cut Pro X 106 - Core Training: Graphics, Titles, Transitions, and Themes - deeper dive into text and transitions
- Final Cut Pro X 107 - Core Training: Color Correction Masterclass - deeper dive into making your video color POP!
MOO - 20% off the best business cards in the game
We covered A LOT of information in my session. If you weren't able to write down everything you wanted to remember, no worries! I created a simple PDF cheat sheet to recap the important points for you.
Sign up for my newsletter and you'll receive the cheat sheet as a thank you!
Thanks again for joining,
Tara Falcone, CFP®